A quick update of the motorcycle platoon, my first Battlefront miniatures purchase – a hasty one too as I thought naively that I could use them as reccy in Market Garden. So my intention now is to sneak these early war models in my company as transport for my pioneer platoon.
I’m not overly impressed with the quality of the models, they look like the master was lost a long time ago and these have been cast from nth generation seconds. The metal is very soft and disregarding the inevitable flash that I can cope with, the overall finish gives the impression that the different halves of the molds were misaligned. I am however assured that they will look alright once on the table top, maybe it is just me coming from 28mm into a smaller scale..
Anyway, to improve their look on the battlefield I have added some features to their bases. Taking the wire tree idea from the Opal Blitz objective marker and hopefully achieving a look of large bush on the bases to give the models a bit of height and break them up a bit when they move together as a unit. I have also made some fence out of mounting board off cuts and a sign post to go along side the narrow cobbled road laid on 2 of the bases.